One DBA's Ongoing Search for Clarity in the Middle of Nowhere


*or*

Yet Another Andy Writing About SQL Server

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Considering Upgrading my Certs

I am an MCITP - DBA for SQL 2005, and haven't really considered my certs for some time.  After all the recent talk about how Microsoft is changing their MCM program (BrentO here and Microsoft here) I am planning to take the upgrade exam (70-453) for my MCITP - DBA in the very near future...but the piece that makes me ponder is the MCM requirement to also be an MCITP - DBD (developer).

I have always considered myself a DBA, and while I do ETL work in SSIS and routinely troubleshoot vendor code (and created TSQL code like stored procs in my past life) I am not a .NET developer.

Reading the specs for the MCITP - DBD there is an awful lot of CLR and .NET tucked inside there...at first glance it appears like it's not for me.

Sigh.  I guess I will be satisifed with being an MCITP.

No comments:

Post a Comment